Monday 31 May 2010

Gentlemen still exist

Today was an awful day. Since the very beginning, bright and early in the morning, I had a strange sensation, a creepy, unexplainable anxiety...

I got the wonderful idea to go to the doctor today, who’s office is at Militari Hospital, pretty far from my house...but what the hell, I’ll enjoy the bike ride. I got there around 5 and waited for the doctor until 6.30. Meanwhile a nice, little, angry storm begun...good I was with my bike, no?!?!

I’ve tried to call for a cab but no one would take me and my bike...so I tied the bike and left alone with a cab. As it was rush hour and it was also pouring as hell everyone was in traffic...after a little negotiation with the taxi driver concerning the less crowded way, we found a pretty good solution, which took me home in about 30 minutes.

Around 9.30 in the evening I though it was about time to get my bike back, so I jumped into my car and went to the hospital. The 2 soldiers guarding the entrance to the hospital gave me a suspicious look so I felt the need to tell them what I had to do. Fortunately they were very understanding.

As I was getting closer to the place I had left my bike my heart was speeding up with fear it had been stolen (the guy I bought the antitheft device told me I should use it for 15-20 min – my bike stood there about 5 hours:))). Fortunately for me, people coming to the hospital have more serious problems then stealing a bike.

The next 15 minutes were tragic and funny at the same time. I had a small car and a big bike. Of course the plan I had conceived at home did not apply in real life...so that’s how I ended up trying to break my bike into pieces.

As I was probably looking very helpless, one of the soldiers felt the need to come and help me. At first he also tried to break it into smaller pieces, but then we both realized that the back seats fold:))) Two heads think better then one...and one men is stronger then one woman, it may be painful for my ego, but it’s true.

It’s nice to see that some still help unknown helpless people. Thank you again mystery young man soldier.

Love you. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment