Thursday 13 May 2010

Economic crisis my ass.

We hear about it everywhere. It’s the main excuse of the increasing number of unemployed people, the decrease in salaries and many more other difficulties the whole world is going through. But how bad are we really doing?

I already knew that the Romanian people is a very inventive one, taking advantage of each opportunity it arises, but today they surprised me again. I don’t know how many of you are fans of Converse sport shoes. I, myself, barely know the brand…I can’t even remember if I have ever bought something from that brand.

Today I had the opportunity to discover that Romanian young people and even children adore Converse. As I was cruising along Stefanica (also known as Stefan cel Mare) with the incredible speed of 30 km per hour I had the unique, I might say, opportunity to admire the Converse outlet. Beside some incredible ads on its windows presenting some “crisis prices”, the store, itself did not have anything special.

What surprised me, waking me up from the lethargy the traffic induced me in, was the queue of more that 30 persons which were waiting patiently to enter the store.One "smart" country man of ours had the chance to bring "original" Convers shoes in value of around 150-200 RON a pair and sell them here with 79 RON. Pople always react to "price reductions", it doesn't matter if they are real or not. Well...what can I say...people think they have saved the difference of price (from 150 to 79 RON) and not that they have spent 79 RON.

It's been a while since I’ve seen something like that. The first thing that came into my mind was the Cosmote era :) when they were selling phone cards with 2000 minutes. That, I think, was the last time when I saw queues forming outside a store. My elderly coworkers compare these situations with the years before ’89 when people just had to queue for everything. :)

Where’s the crisis for that people who prefer to lose 2-3 hours just to get in a store and spend money, and it’s not for food, or some other essential human need...it’s for fucking sport shoes. Jesus Christ, what country do we live in???

This is Romania, the country of all possibilities. :)

Love u. Take care.

1 comment:

  1. Converse shoes are dam expensive, and people still buy them, BMW's are expensive and people still buy them, Clubs are extremly dam exepnsive :)) and people still clubin. Where is the fckin crisis, where is it, show yourself, u little bitch, give weapons(crisis) to the economists so they can fuck up this shit too.

    ReplyDelete