Thursday 13 May 2010

How well do you listen?!?

It’s another Wednesday night. Just got home from the movies and on my way back I was pondering on what interesting things have happened lately. I’ve decided to talk about how well men listen to women.It's a subject that will remain unsolved until the end of human kind. Dramatic???....I'll tell what's dramatic. They all say that women talk much and with no use. As a woman I dare to say they are wrong.

As I said so many times before the traffic in Bucharest is a jungle and I am not only talking about the chaos it creates but also about the similarities that exist between animals and the some of the people you can see around you while sitting at a stop.

Today as I was “enjoying” my half an hour of traffic (unfortunately I had to take the car to work), while I was waiting, among many other cars, for a light to turn green I could observe at my left, in another car, a man behind a weal and a woman at his right. They were young, around 30 years old. While the women was continuously speaking, waving her hand in the air as if she really tried to make a point, the man was scratching his head (the one above his shoulders), sipping some sprite from a bottle...just on another planet. :) From the point I was standing as a spectator to the entire scene, I really can say that he didn’t give a shit about what the woman was saying. It seamed hilarious at the beginning, and then I realized that I was that woman in some occasiones in my life, and it wasn’t funny at all to talk to wall.

So, boys…can you please pay more attention to what we are trying to say, or at least pretend. We may talk a lot, but we also hate to say things twice.

Love you. Take care.

7 comments:

  1. Sometimes women give to much importance to the little things, we don't care what colour u want to choose for the sofa, just buy one(this is one example).

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya...but a woman shares the fucking sofa with a man...what happens if he doesn't like the color??? haven't you learned so far that the little things are the ones that count?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. And you're doing it just now :) The guy above put this as simple as possible: we don't care. Some little things matter, most of them don't. Don't take it so seriously :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. why is so difficult just to pay a little attention...we are not asking you to memorize everything we say, just listen...it's to much for the male brain? :)) and if you "care" to have a woman present in your life you should "care" to listen to her(my friendly advice)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, people can always pretend. But IMHO, it's better to not have the discussion at all, than to talk about something and have the other person pretending to listen and/or care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. in that case at least let the other person know you are not in the mood of having that discussion insead of leaving her talking to a wall...

    ReplyDelete
  7. exemplu:
    el: iesim miercuri seara?
    eu: nu pot, lucrez.
    *saptamana urmatoare*
    el: esti libera miercuri seara?
    eu: nu, lucrez
    *saptamana urmatoare*
    el: vii la salsa miercurea asta?
    eu: ... nu vin. lucrez!

    ReplyDelete