Monday 5 July 2010

Single people are more fun

Booooo!....scared you? :) Ya, it’s me…I’m back after a week of more than interesting things. I really don’t know where to begin and that’s why I’m going to start with the weekend:).

Saturday finally came; the most expected wedding in my childhood village took place. An old and dear friend of mine, who has been living for 5-6 years in the UK, came home to tie the node with his girlfriend. As we have been very close all of these years and my cousin was named best man we had to participate to all events: civil wedding a the town hall in the morning, the religious wedding in the afternoon and of course the after party until morning next day.

Let’s not take into consideration the fact that it was extremely hot outside, that I had to change dresses with the speed of light, that we had to do the same road over and over again…none of these matter when it comes to the fact which reminded me once more why I hate so much weddings and why I’m never…ever…going to do such a thing even though it means I’m going to die alone.

As I said before I am not talking about marriage, I do want to get married, but not like that. How can I put it gently?...it was a fucking circus…there were 10 billion persons, with 20 billion opinions about those fucking customs that MUST BE DONE and it was even funnier as the bride and groom came from different regions of the country, where the customs were different and each family was trying to impose their own opinions. I barely hold myself from laughing. The main problem was that there was no organization, not even a bit. They just knew they had to get married, but they didn’t know what that involved.

First thing was the fact that they woke up at the town hall that they need two witnesses with their ID on to witness their wedding. The odds did that beside my cousin no one else had their ID…so, what happened? I had to be the second fucking witness, me, the person who came in the city with 20 hours before the wedding.

Next was the fact that we had to avoid the groom to see the bride in her white dress…another idiot tradition. The issue here was that the groom had to go and get their godfather and godmother and it had to be with a lot of friends and the guy who played the accordion (he was the puzzle piece in the entire picture). He had to play a certain song while the bride had to decorate a stupid pin tree…stick with me on this, it’s getting better….so, they had to hide the groom, while the bride did the tree thing, then hide the bride again while the groom left with his “crowed” to get the godfather and godmother.

Coming back home the groom had to look for his bride, presumably hidden somewhere hard to find, while my cousin (AKA the best man) had to find the tree also very well hidden. And guess in which car did that stupid tree was taken to church….in my car of course…at the end there were needles in all the car…later did I find out that they were not allowed inside the church without it….no comment on this matter, it was enough I had to carry it to church and back.

Ok, enough with the crazy stories, there was an odd and even pleasant conclusion I got to that evening at the restaurant. I knew it before, but that night it was fully proven: SINGLE PEOPLE ARE MORE FUN. I had the chance to sit at a table with my cousin, the groom’s sister and a guy I also knew from my childhood, all single people. I remembered that last year, also at a wedding, the guy was with his girlfriend and barely said a word or two. I am not going to start the A,B,C story again, but this is the truth, when they come with the girlfriend they barely make contact. Saturday night I was the one who barely kept the rhythm of the conversation.

That’s enough for now…coming soon with some picture too.

Love you. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment