Wednesday 7 July 2010

Me and the Valet

Last night was the first semifinal at the world football championship between The Netherlands and Uruguay…fortunately The Netherlands won 3-2.

Coming back to the subject…we have gathered for this event at Ghika Palace…you may wonder what the hell has a Palace to do with football, but they actually have a surprising set of TVs and a projector so that we couldn’t miss a thing.

As usually I had to make several rounds to finally realize that I actually have to enter the palace gate. It looked too good for a terrace. So I asked the man sitting at the gate if I was in the right place and he showed me the way in and told me to leave the car with the valet. VALET?!?!?... I said to myself…that’s a first. Although the man was pretty convincing I still felt the need to call my friends to reassure me I was in the right place. In front I had another car who stopped at the entrance of the palace. I stopped behind it and start talking at the phone. As I was talking to a friend I saw a guy in a dark suite coming towards me. I got down my window, still talking at the phone.

HE: “You have to leave your car here.” I nodded, still talking at the phone.

Meanwhile the car in front of mine went away so I felt the need to take my own car in front of the main door. So my car was moving towards the door…I was still talking at the phone…the poor guy believed I didn’t understand him…so he starts walking by the car telling me…”We shall take the car from here…you have to leave your car here…” :))) I was nodding, my car was still running…finally I realized that the poor guy was chasing me. :)))

And that was my first encounter with a valet.:)) The second one will be tonight as we are going to see the second semifinal…GO SPAIN!!!

Love u. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment