Friday 25 June 2010

Weddings’ season


Did I say I hate weddings…I think I did. Actually is not the main idea that I don’t like. I think marriage is a very good thing:))…is just that most of the people make a real circus out of the most important day and night of their life. Those stupid rituals that people enjoy so much doing spoil the whole meaning of the event.


The wedding is the most interesting family custom of all. It is also a complex custom which has various traditional forms all over the country and combines economic, law, ritual and folkloric elements. The popular "show" is almost fabulous. The acts from the marriage foundation are ritual and ceremonial meant to bring prosperity, fecundity, happiness and social integration to the young family. In this moment the popular costume gains some specific significances and the act of the ceremony is composed from many customs: the well - wishing at the bride's gate, the dowry dance in the bride's yard and the parents forgiveness, then the wedding at the groom's house, the gifts and the bride's adorning.The musical repertoire is suitable: "the dowry dance", "the big dance", "three times around the table", "the bride's grief song", "the bride's ring dance", "and the big ring dance".


Unfortunately for me I have received in the last period 5 invitations to just events and I really don’t know how to get out of this mess. Today a work colleague reproached me the fact that I said my high school colleagues and friends have priority in front of them. It was the first thing I thought to say in order to excuse somehow my absence from his wedding…it’s lame, I know, but it’s pretty true…if I really have to go to a weeding out of obligation it may as well be to a person I now well.


The first of the series will take place next Saturday, 3rd of July, in Curtea de Arges and as much as I want, because I really can't stand the bride, even though I don’t even know her:)) (laugh all you can) I really…really have to go as the groom is one of my childhood friends.


I am still thinking about the other invitations…I may still have to go to one more, but let’s take them one by one.


Love u. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment