Saturday 26 June 2010

High level of productivity

In this shitty period, when Boc cuts down every wage and pension, increases VAT and taxes, invents new fees...there is a class of people that are still doing money in this amazing country.

Some nights ago, when I had to meet a friend somewhere in Romana, I had to park in Piata Lahovari, where there are slim chances to find a spot especially if it’s weekend nights. As I was checking out the place for an empty spot I saw in a corner a man waving out at me like crazy.

Even if you are not a driver you must have seen those men and woman, who have improved their carriers from begging or washing windshields in the intersections to offering parking spaces to desperate drivers. I am usually afraid of those guys and give them 2-3 RON although I know they do not deserve them, but I am afraid they will do something to the car if I refuse to pay them for the huge “favor” they did.

Going back to the story...as I saw him waving I went and park where he showed me. Only after I got out of the car I saw that it was in front of a house’s gate. So, as I was giving him the “fee” I did the mistake to start a conversation:

ME:”I hope there’s no problem of parking in front of the gate”
HIM: ”No, don’t worry miss, the house is of an old rich man, who calls us half an hour before coming home...he lets us earn our money...”
ME:”OK, then….” (all I could say to that)

THE END

Love u. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment