Monday 2 August 2010

Feeling like a foreigner in my own country

Today, bright and early in the morning I got (by train) to Targu Mures, with work again. In the evening, after a long and hard working day, I thought to take a little walk around the town center. Unfortunately for me my colleagues had already taken a walk, so I had to exit alone.

I already knew the center of the town from June when I came to the same client, but then I hadn’t had the chance to get to observe the people. Know as I was alone I was very attentive at the people on the streets and I felt like a stranger hearing almost everyone was talking in Hungarian. Old, young…they were all making incomprehensible sounds that just irritated my ears.

I hate so much that fucking language, it’s so ugly…and the thing that really pisses me off is the fact that when we are in a room the persons from the company are talking with us in Romanian but to each other in Hungarian, it makes me feel they’re always trying to hide things that we shouldn’t know. At least from respect they should try to keep all the conversations in Romanian, at least when we’re around.

I don’t have anything against the fact that so many Hungarians live in Romania, but what the hell??? If you’re in Romanian speak the language!

Love u. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment