Monday 23 August 2010

Adventurous weekend

Last weekend I went home. I had enough of this city’s heat and chaos and I knew that back home things were going to be different, but that seemed to be an understatement:) Saturday I managed to form a group of four (actually the same as last year, me and 3 boys) to go to a hike on Stan’s Valley. We did the same scheme last year and it was quite relaxing so we thought to do it again.

All was well until a point where the water was a little deeper than we used to know. As one of the boys climbed the rocks and managed to go through I thought, that maybe, with a little help from him I could do the same….BAD IDEEA….that’s how I slip off the rock and ended in the water, got all wet, got my phone wet, my camera wet…everything was wet:)

Well, we had a good laugh, the other 2 guys seeing what happened to me went directly through the water and after we soak a little bit our cloths we went forward. here were a lot of changes in the relief since last years. Due to repeated wind and rain storms there were a lot of trees fallen on the ground and it was like an obstacle race:)

We managed to get to the road where we had the incredible luck that a pick-up truck stopped and picked us up and took us to the Vidraru Lake. From there on we had to walk to the car. I was 50% dry when I got to the car just to remember that I did not have the key to the house with me. I prayed that my dad was home…unfortunately he wasn’t. As my phone was still drying I had to go to my aunt to ask my cousin to phone my dad to bring the key…a true soap opera. Of course my dad was in another city…at a freaking wedding:)…oh well he had to come back home to help me get in my own house. By the time he arrived I was completely dry.

Until next year…when we promised to hike the valley again…stay dry:)

Have a look at the photos from the firat part of the hike before my camera got wet:













Love u. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment