Sunday 8 August 2010

All in all it was a great weekend

It's 7.20 P.M., Sunday night…I am finally having some moments of peace. Last Friday I left Targu-Mures around 4 P.M. and with a bit of luck I arrived in Bucharest around 10 in the evening. After the news predicted this weekend to be the most crowded in all the season we decided to leave for Vama Veche around 3.15. So, after making a transfer of luggage and 2 hours of sleep at 3.15 we met all together, 16 people in 4 cars and we were exiting Bucharest around 4 in the morning.

You know how it is when you try to organize and do something according to plan, without any surprises…well, there had to be something to ruin my day right from the start. When I got in the car and tried to call my friends to let them know I’m coming to pick them up, my phone had no signal. I turned it off and back on…nothing. I got out the card and put it back in (several times)…and still nothing. I even tried other phones…and NO. It was something wrong with the card, it was dead. Fortunately for me I had another phone so I got used to the idea of no phone quite fast.

This awful, unpredictable event was compensated by the fact that we got to our destination, Vama Veche, in only 3h and 40min. So around 8 in teh morning we split up and began asking at each house for accommodation, because of course we had no reservation. Never mind that, the thing was that no one accepted people just for one night so that’s how many of the group had to get accommodation in 2 Mai. Me and 2 other girls find a very nice room at an old lady’s house.

What, where and how we spent our night in Vama Veche doesn’t need words. I used to have a very bad impression of the Romanian seaside and was skeptical of the result of this weekend, but it all turned out to be amazing. The spirit of Vama Veche got to me and begining this is year I won’t think twice at the opportunity of spending time in Vama Veche.

Now I’m preparing for the days in Danube’s delta. Starting Wednesday, 11th of August, I’ll be in Sfantu Ghorghe at the International Film Festival. Looking forward to at least the same fun as last year.

Love u. take care.

1 comment: