Wednesday 3 November 2010

You have to swim with the sharks until you get on solid land

Even today, after 5 years of living in "the greatest city" in Romania I am still amazed by how much can some people earn on so little work. My little young employee mind cannot gather to imagine what the hell are those people doing with all that money.

I am not talking about those very rich guys, like Tiriac, who once said that the only thing he cannot buy is TIME, I am talking about those persons, intellectuals, who have earned there place in this world working their way up(in a way or another) and are currently earning...let's keep it cool...10.000 euro per month, that's 120.000 per year...you can do the math.

Some say that the youth years are the best years of one's life...but when you see that some young people work for a monthly income of about 500 euro, or even less, and can barely sustain a decent life in this city, you stop wondering why they are all trying to leave. Even though I am afraid of old age and I am pretty sure I won't get to get old I would trade some of these years (let's say the last 5) for a feeling of safety on every term.

Even I have thought of living this country and I would have done it if i had a concrete chance...it's said when you think that one is willing to leave everything and everybody he knew behind and leave in the unknown...

But that's how life is...you have to swim with the sharks until you get on solid land.

Love u. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment