Wednesday 22 September 2010

Great music

Taking into consideration the last night concert, GN'R in Bucharest I will begin telling the story of the main attraction of the trip, the U2 concert.

In February this year we found out about this amazing band’s tour and we said we have to go. Firstly we decided to go to Athens, the closest city and changed it to Istanbul with the idea to have the opportunity to visit the city as well. It may sound strange but I am afraid of that city…there are 15 fucking million people in that city so I had to find another solution…thus: MUNICH. Now I really believe that those 90 something euro were the best spent money in the whole trip.

Location: Olympia Stadium

No. of people: 80.000

I can’t find the words to describe the feelings I had before, during and after that concert. The whole stadium was vibrating, all those people singing together songs we’ve known for so long and even new ones that did not even come out yet, applauding continuously…the show was UNIQUE.

The funny story behind the event was the fact that in the same day, almost simultaneously, BAYERN MUNICH had the first match in this season of Champions League with AS ROMA and while we were going to the concert the same amount of people was going to the game :)) and we all met at a common metro station where even the station man made fun of us indicating(ironically and making all kind of jokes) who, what metro should take that no one gets in the wrong place…we wouldn’t have wanted football supporters at the concert:). So, in the same city, at the same time, two stadiums where fully crowded with people. What a view must that have been from the sky?

The match was quite an important one and even Bono kept the score and inform the public at the end the result of the game:


Coming back to last night's concert...it was all as I predicted to be...a long and annoying wait and an awesome concert, old Axl can still do it:)). The expectations for this even were quite law taking into consideration the fact that I was just returning from U2, so I was not surprised of the poor conditions in which the concert took place or the old fashion romanian organisation.

The opening band were a noname(at least to me), with a saliva drinking lead singer who was repeating at each song what a long way they came from Canada to our little country(booooooring)...but never mind them…the idea is that old man Axl can still make one hell of a show and I am extremely glad I did not listen to all the skeptical people around me and went to the concert.

I'll come back with some photos in the evening.

Love u. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment