Wednesday 11 May 2011

The teddy bear incident

The following story happened last Saturday night and it's known as "The teddy bear incident". People who know me pretty well know that I have at my car key a teddy bear keychain so I can easily find it in my bag.

Last Saturday I went to a club with some old good friends who I hadn't seen for a while. The club was El grande Comandante. I don't know how many of you know it, but that thing is like a maze, with endless hallways and many little rooms.

When I usually go clubs I don't like to carry a bag, because I am afraid I might lose it in the crowd, so that night I just took my phone and some money in one pocket and my car key in the other pocket - with the teddy bear hanging outside my jeans.

At one moment in the evening, around 1 a.m. one of my friends wanted to leave and because he didn't know the place I took him to the exit. It was pouring outside, so I just said goodbye and went back in the club. After getting down the staires, I realized the teddy bear was gone...and with it my car key. I freaked out and went directly out in the rain to see if my car is still there - the fact was that I really tried to park it as close to the club as possible, so anyone who had found the key and played a little bit with it could have found the car - great...right? The club was packed, there were hundreds of people everywhere, find the key by myself was close to impossible.

I was already thinking I had to stay all night guarding my car in the pouring rain and I didn't even wanted to go back in the club. As I was staying by the door of the club, trying to call one of my friends up to tell her the story, I thought I might ask the 5 gorillas guarding the entrance if I can talk with someone about the incident.

"What car do you have?" asked one of them. I didn't want to tell them...but I hadn't anything else to lose (except my car:)) so I finaly told them. After letting me boil for a minute or two one of them took out of his pocket my car key and starting waving it in front of my eyes asking me how am I going to prove that it's the key of my car. They eventually gave me my key back but not without making a little fun first.

That's the story of how I almost lost my car key. I began thinking that it was quite impossible for the key to just fell down of my pocket...but as the story had a happy end, I decided to take the positive part and think that there are still some good guys in this freaking city.

Love u. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment