Monday 16 May 2011

Free for all

Last Saturday night was European Museum Night, which takes place every year in the middle of May, when museum doors open free of charge and people flock to see and participate in the many cultural activities and spectacles put on for the delight of all. The atmosphere is both festive and cultural. The fun lasts from sundown until late in the morning and it is proving to be a big hit with children, young people and veteran museum-goers alike.

At the begining I didn't realy want to go because I knew from last year's night that half of the city rushed to the museums and in the middle of the night the center of the city was paralyzed with cars...but as I didn't have anything better to do, I went.

I left home around 10.30 pm...first on the list was Bellu Museum, the biggest and one of the oldest cemetery of the city. I had seen it before, a couple of years ago, but never went into a cemetery during the night. I was suprised to see that they realy organised the place, with signs, visiting maps and lighted candles on the main paths.



Next was the Museum of National Contemporary Art, which is situated in the back side of the People's House. From the moment I saw the amount of cars parked everywhere around the entrance I could imagine what queue awaited us at the entrance....

...but after only half an hour we managed to get in and I was very suprised of what we found inside...4 floors, each with different a theme.





It took us a while to go through all the exhibits and around 2.30 a.m. we decided to go home. Overall it was a very nice and pleasent experience and I really recommend it for the future.


Love u. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment