Tuesday 8 February 2011

Happy postcrossing!

I am not a collector in the right sense of the word, but a few weeks ago my friend, Lavinia, initiated me in the world of postcrossing.

The goal of this project is to allow people to receive postcards from all over the world, for free. Well, almost free! The main idea is that: if you send a postcard, you will receive at least one back from a random Postcrosser from somewhere in the world.

The element of surprise of receiving postcards from different places in the world (many of which you probably have never heard of) can turn your mailbox into a box of surprises - and who wouldn't like that?

It wasn't exacly the thrill of receiving mail from foreigners that attracted my attention but more the fact that I will have the chance to discover new and interesting places in this world.

Yesterday evening I have discovered in the mail the first postcard...it was from Istanbul, a city I have refused to visit last year even though a friend continously insised on it...and now she even told me that receiving the first card from Istanbul is a sign I definetly have to visit it.

At this moment I have 8 postcards sent, 5 of which are still travelling. Can't wait to receive more and more postcards:)

Love u. Take care.

2 comments:

  1. And may there be many more where that came from!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking for Bucharest old general post
    office building postcards, can you help?
    my email: gulfmann@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete